Contact 3D Air Services For Your Heating and Air in Harpersville Alabama
We fully understand that not all homeowners know how to effectively maintain and troubleshoot their HVAC system and that they might not know when they should try to fix an issue or when they need to call us. 3D Air Services recommends all homeowners regularly clean/replace their air filters and make sure their vents and air registers are not blocked. You can leave the rest up to us.
There are many aspects of HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting that are best handled by technicians who have completed specialized training. We suggest you schedule an appointment with one of our HVAC technicians if you notice any of the following:
1. Water Leaks – Water leaks are a common issue with HVAC systems, and they can have a wide variety of causes. If you notice that any part of your HVAC system is leaking water, give us a call so we can come out and fix the issue.
2. Increased Utility Bills – If you notice a spike in your utility bills and you can’t figure out why it could be your HVAC system. When furnaces and air conditioners are old or malfunctioning, they have to work overtime to try and keep your home at the right temperature. This, of course, will cause your utility bill to go up. If you suspect your HVAC system is to blame, contact 3D Air Services so we can troubleshoot your system.
3. Burning Smells – Any type of burning smell coming from your HVAC system indicates that there is an electrical problem. If left unfixed, this could cause irreparable damage to your system or even cause an electrical fire. Contact us immediately if you notice an HVAC-related burning smell.
Grinding/Chattering Noise – When HVAC systems are experiencing major issues, they will often make grinding and chattering noises. If you notice that your heater or air conditioner is making either of these noises, contact us to schedule an emergency service call.
4. Screeching Noise – Screeching and high-pitched squealing sounds coming from air conditioners typically have to do with a loose fan belt, though they can also indicate an issue with your compressor. Contact 3D Air Services so we identify the cause and propose a solution.
5. Yellow Furnace Flame – Your furnace’s flame should always be blue. If you notice that it is yellow or red, we suggest you contact us to book an emergency house-call. A red or yellow flame indicates that gas isn’t being burned properly and your system needs to be serviced as soon as possible.
6. Musty/Moldy Smells – If you just turn on your furnace or A/C for the year and notice that it smells moldy or musty, that usually means there is mold growing somewhere within your unit or your ductwork. Contact 3D Air Services to book a time for one of our technicians to locate the mold and kill it.