Fireplace Carbon Monoxide
Carbon Monoxide Danger
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is colorless, odorless, and extremely deadly. And what’s most frightening about this silent killer, is how easy it is to be exposed to it. CO is the incomplete combustion of fuels and is very prominent in auto exhaust, power tools, water heaters, furnaces, fireplaces, and more. You may be thinking, “If carbon monoxide is nearly undetectable by my senses, how will I know if I’m being exposed to it?” Your body will give you signals of distress when you are experiencing toxic amounts of CO.
Nausea Carbon Monoxide
Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning typically involve nausea, severe headaches, impaired judgment, and more. The symptoms have been described as “flu-like,” minus some common Flu characteristics, such as fever or swollen lymph nodes. Sadly, many lives are lost when people fail to address these symptoms as exposure to carbon monoxide. More so, exposure to the gas can take lives while people are sleeping. This makes the situation even more frightening, because CO poisoning turns fatal alarmingly fast. So how do we protect ourselves and our loved ones from being poisoned in our own homes?
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
How Do I Prevent Carbon Monoxide Danger In My Home?
Carbon monoxide may be difficult to detect, but not impossible. Carbon monoxide detectors are an absolute must-have item for your home. The life-saving benefits and peace of mind highly outweigh any cost. You never know when an appliance may go bad, and start leaking carbon monoxide into your home. Carbon monoxide detectors will give you the warning you need to find fresh air and seek help. Even if you live in an area that doesn’t require too much heating use throughout the year, CO detectors are still a must, as carbon monoxide is a threat that can occur anytime.
For any questions contact 3D Air Services.
We serve Birmingham, Alabaster, & surrounding areas, Alabaster, Pelham, Hoover, Helena, Calera, Jemison and everywhere in between.