Programmable Thermostat Benefits
Over the past several years, programmable thermostats have become commonplace in homes all throughout the country. Thousands of homeowners are learning just how beneficial having a programmable thermostat can be. From saving you money each month to making your home more comfortable, there are several reasons to consider installing a programmable thermostat in your home.
Benefits of Programmable Thermostats
- Cost Savings. The biggest benefit of installing a programmable thermostat is the cost savings associated with it. If you’re able to raise the temperature by 1 degree in the summer or also lower it by 1 degree in the winter you’ll be able to save around 2% on your energy bill. And, if you’re able to raise or lower it more than 1 degree, while your family is out of the house, for instance, the savings can be much greater.
- Increased Energy Efficiency. Programmable thermostats are also a great way to keep your home energy-efficient, which will increase the life of your appliances and reduce your reliance on energy.
- Time Savings. As a homeowner, you’ll also appreciate not having to adjust your thermostat several times throughout the day. With a programmable thermostat, you can set the temperatures based on certain times of day, and days of the week, and go about your business.
- Consistent Temperatures. When you install a programmable thermostat, you’ll be thankful for its ability to keep the temperatures in your home consistent. It will be in charge of turning the air conditioner or heater on in order to maintain the desired temperature. You won’t have to worry about your home being too hot in the summer or too cold in the wintertime.
Other Benefits of Upgrading your thermostat
- Zone Management. If your home has multiple zones, or climate zones, programmable thermostats are an essential tool used to effectively manage the climate in these zones.
- Leverage Technology. One of the best things about modern programmable thermostats is that they often include the latest technology available. Homeowners now can manage their home’s climate through smartphone apps and many programmable thermostats will also notify the user if there’s an issue with their HVAC system.
- Optimized HVAC. Programmable thermostats can be beneficial to both older and newer HVAC systems. They can help older systems be more efficient, which can help them last a little while longer. They can also help keep newer HVAC systems running in peak condition throughout their lifespan.
Programmable Thermostat Installations with 3D Air Services
The 3D Air Services team always recommends spending a little extra money to install a programmable thermostat. It is one of the best investments you can make for your HVAC system and your family’s comfort. And, what’s even better, is that it’ll save you money on your energy bills and extend the life of your HVAC system. Contact 3D Air Services today to learn more about the programmable thermostat we recommend for your home!